Boca Juniors will want to continue from where they left off last time out with a 0-1 Superliga victory versus Lanús.
In that game, Boca Juniors had 62% possession and 5 attempts at goal with 2 on target. The only player to score for Boca Juniors was Darío Benedetto (90′). At the other end, Lanús got 14 shots at goal with 4 on target.
Their latest results reveal that not much more can be done by the Boca Juniors defence. Boca Juniors have been miserly, seeing the number of goals that have flown into the back of their net during their previous 6 outings standing at 2.
Going into this game, the form guide shows that Boca Juniors:
- are unbeaten in the league by Huracán in their previous 8 games. A decent run, indeed.
- are undefeated in their last 6 league matches at home.
In their previous fixture, Huracán drew 1-1 in the Superliga match with Barracas Central.
In that game, Huracán had 62% possession and 16 attempts at goal with 7 on target. The scorer for Huracán was Lucas Merolla (76′). At the other end, Barracas Central had 8 attempts at goal with 2 on target. Facundo Mater (45′) scored for Barracas Central.
In 6 of the previous 6 clashes featuring Huracán, a comparatively low number of goals have been scored between them and opposing teams.
The overall average number of goals per game in that period comes to a paltry 1.83, with the number of goals averaged by El Globo / Los Quemeros standing at 1.17. That kind of pattern won’t necessarily be sustained into this match, however.
Leading up to this clash, Huracán:
- haven’t won against Boca Juniors when having played them away from home in the previous 2 league games.
- are undefeated in their last 9 away league matches. What a good run they have put together.
- haven’t won away from home in the past 3 matches in the league.
This match will be played on 19/09/2022 at 23:00